Servitize.DK Transform is a key component in the project. Transform consists of implementing 120 company-specific development processes based on the needs, challenges and potentials of companies in the implementation of product-service business models. The process typically consists of five workshops that are tailored to the situation of the individual company.
Servitization is the transformation of industrial companies from primarily being a supplier of products to increasingly selling services related to the products. The purpose of servitization is to improve revenue, extend the life of the product in the market, create more competitive businesses and establish a closer relationship between the customer and the supplier.
The ambition of Servitize.DK is for more small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to embrace the opportunities of servitization, and as a result increase their strength in the competitive international market, where services geared to customers’ needs continue to become an increasingly key competitive parameter. Thus, the project has a strong focus on operationalising existing knowledge within the field of the individual company.
The purpose of Servitize.DK is to promote competitiveness, growth and value creation among Danish industrial SMEs through an increased dissemination of product-service business concepts within the companies. The value creation must be “additional”, in other words, in relation to a situation in which they had not participated in the activities.
The primary target group for Servitize.DK is industrial SMEs with 20 – 250 employees. Servitize.DK started in 2019 and will continue to 2022.
Servitize.DK consists of three tracks, which together support the project’s aim that more SMEs embrace servitization.
Servitize.DK Forum is the programme’s network, dissemination and knowledge sharing platform. The purpose of the Servitize.DK Forum is to widely disseminate knowledge about servitization among small and medium-sized Danish manufacturing companies, facilitate networks and to put servitization on the public agenda.
Servitize.DK Research supports the research needs within this field in close co-operation with business-related activities and with the involvement of business cases. Research consists of two initiatives. There is a follow-up research of the Transform process at the Department of Business Development and Technology (BTECH) at Aarhus University ensuring optimal development of the competitiveness of companies, while servitization research activities and transformation processes in 20 companies are continued at CBS.
Get inspiration, background knowledge and tools for your service journey.
The following success criteria have been set for the project:
- At least 120 SMEs are implementing Servitize.DK Transform.
- At least 80% of the companies that implement Servitize.DK Transform have developed a strategy for the service business and created a foothold within the organisation among key employees of the company.
- The scaling of the service business is rooted in a business model that will result in increased revenue growth of anywhere between 10% to 25% in the next 2-3 years after Servitize.DK Transform is implemented.
- At least 70% of the companies that implement Servitize.DK Transform will be transferred to an external knowledge partner (e.g. an IoT supplier, ERP systems supplier or sensor supplier).
- Servitize.DK Forum contributes to that up to 75% of the Danish SME manufacturing companies in the target group consider that services will become an increasingly important part of the business over the next 2-3 years.